We accept admissions 7 days a week, including direct admissions from home, the emergency room, or from your physician’s office.
- Step 1: If you are interested in receiving care for you or your loved one at Heather Hill Healthcare Center, we encourage you to call or visit our facility and speak with our Admissions Department. We will be able to answer any questions you may have regarding a potential stay at Heather Hill.
- Step 2: Ask your Case Manager at the hospital or your doctor’s office to send over important documentation the facility will need to review (i.e. Nurses Notes, H&P, Therapy Notes, etc.)
- Step 3: Once documents are reviewed and patient is accepted, we are able to begin the process of bringing you or your loved one into the facility.
- Step 4: Hospital case management will facilitate safe transport to our facility.
- Step 5: When you or your loved one is admitted, you will be asked to sign an admission agreement that explains your rights and responsibilities in a skilled nursing facility. You will have a chance to sit down with our Admissions Director who will help you navigate the admissions process step by step. The Admissions Director will help answer any questions you may have regarding the following:
- Estimated Length of Stay
- Insurance benefits including Room and Board
- Daily activities offered by our Life Enrichment Staff
- Care Plan Meetings
- Specialized Therapy
- Laundry Services
- Discharge/Transition Planning